Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Button and Earring Day

Day; 72. Very warm and sunny again. T-shirt weather; Temperature on outside kiln; 65 degrees.
Firings; glaze firing to cone 6. About 7 seven hours to 2,210 degrees. Soak for 8 minutes at temperature.

What a day! So incredibly beautiful! It is days like today that I am reminded why exactly I forsook the beach for the desert. Sadly Southern California just does not have skies like this anymore. The bluest of the blue..
Of course being at 7,000 feet in altitude helps....






And although I wanted to be out in this glorious  spring sunshine I spent 8 hours, yes from 9 am to 5pm,  standing on concrete glazing pots. Of course Pepe-the-shy-but-hard-working-intern was here to assist me, which was good because it was button and earring day and that means reaming out countless little holes full of glaze.
Happily he sat for a couple of hours at this particular onerous task which happens to make me crazy after 30 minutes....


I'm  thinking I might give him  a failing grade just so he can't graduate and leave me alone with all my work...
What will I do come fall semester without him? I suppose there is another senior needing 80 hours of practical experience at Santa Fe University of Art and Design, and come September I will be the first person in line to snag them....

No comments:

Post a Comment