Friday, March 6, 2015

Glaze Olympics- Day 2

Day; 50. Sunny and Warm. Return to spring.Temperature on outside kiln 49.

Ditto yesterdays post I'm afraid.... another long day of standing on cement. Nothing interesting about pouring chemical soup onto bisqueware...
Did get out for an hour and hike with dogs in the Galisteo Basin mid-afternoon.  We went in t-shirts it was so warm and beautiful. Trying out the new training collars for the puppies in the hopes that zapping them occasionally, like when they run off and disappear for 5 hours, will discourage them from doing so. So far so good, of course it could have been the doggie  treats in our pockets, but whatever works.....

The highlight of the day however was dinner in town  at a Brazilian restaurant with our friend Brian Wyngard playing his sax and singing in the background. Really, really good musician and wonderful singer. If my musician husband considers him "world class", it must be so. This was a continuation of my birthday celebration which started on Monday and just ended tonight, on Friday. I think perhaps all birthdays should be a week long...

Off to bed at 7:38, alas another long day of standing on cement and glazing tomorrow, and it is  followed by a masked dinner/dance tomorrow night. I was sure to get Dave a Darth Vader-like mask and myself a girly princess mask complete with rinestones for the evening festivities. If I can possibly manage a photo with my cell phone I will certainly post tomorrow... goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment