Monday, March 16, 2015

Back in the USA

Day; 58. Sunny and Warm, it's Spring! Temperature on outside kiln; 59

Whew, you lost me for a couple of days there in the madness of Albuquerque.. I couldn't upload any photos of the show from my Ipad to this blog for some reason so I just decided to catch up when I got home. It seems boring to post a blog without photos!! Thought I might lose my one and only reader if I did (you know who you are!).

Anyway, driving down Central Ave. in Albuquerque Sunday morning I had an epiphany; I want to get back to water, as in the ocean, and permanently, meaning moving home to California. There was something about doing a show in an urban/desert environment that had me fantasizing about what I really wanted, and I realized it might not be New Mexico anymore. In 1988 I moved to Colorado to pursue an advanced degree in ceramics and after 9 years on top of the Continental Divide, I relocated to Santa Fe. That was 17 years ago..
I don't know maybe it was the dead body they found that morning in the church parking lot 2 blocks from my hotel, or the car that crashed through a front window a block from me in the other direction...
No, I got it, it was the grand theft auto of my friend/fellow artist Alex Kurtz's truck and trailer from her hotel that did it... Whatever it was, like the old song, I thought, "I gotta get outta this place.."

ALERT; DO NOT TELL MY HUSBAND ABOUT THIS! He would NEVER let me do a show in Albuquerque again if you did. When asked how the show went, I replied, "just fine"...


Lest I give you Dear Reader the wrong impression about my weekend, I must say here that I did enjoy myself. I sold some ceramics, mostly mugs, and I visited with many old customers and friends. It was fun and I thought my booth looked pretty good...


The best part may have been the music. I was very near the sound stage and was treated to a rotating line-up of  show tunes (grand piano), old cowbow songs (good harmonies), and best of all a Mariachi Morning just in case I was feeling sleepy on  Sunday, the last day of the show....




It's so good to be home after 4 days however! I am so grateful for my home, garden, husband, dogs, studio, life in general.  A day bodysurfing in yellow flag conditions would be so wonderful though, sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment