Sunday, March 1, 2015

Getting Myself Organized, Not my Strong Suit...

Day; 46. Cold and snowy again in the am. Clearing up late afternoon. Rain?! last night and this morning. Temperature on outside kiln; 36

I was supposed to be in the Railyard selling work again today it being Sunday but I cancelled last night as it was raining and snowing and cold. I just couldn't imagine anyone coming out and shopping today with half a foot of snow on the ground. It felt so good to stay home and organize my files, office and studio, all the little details of running your own business that I never seem to get to.

As it turned out and my day unfolded, I had a nice couple from Canada who had been here during the studio tour come by and buy several mugs. The best of all worlds; I stay home and don't have to load up heavy ceramics into my Toyota, and customers come to me. I love it... It makes the marketing part so easy, more please Universe!

Spent some more time on my Etsy shop making sure it looked full and organized, with new pieces listed. I'm inspired to spend more than just two months of winter paying attention to it.

I also got copies today of the images Margot of Geistlight took last week during our photo session; she is a magician with lighting and a camera.. I uploaded to my website immediately, I am determined to keep it updated with recent work; here is what they look like;


I was really pleased. A lot of artists don't like a heavy shadow in their product shots, but I do. I like the drama of it. I added these to two others  and an updated booth shot and sent it off to Crested Butte last week. They better let me in their show or I will... hmmm,  what?, show up  anyway!? After getting in for the last 10 years I am trying not to be complacent and assume, so I did my best on the application.

 Now I have to wait a month to find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment