Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Birthday Girls

Day 47. Some sun/some cloud. A little chilly. Temperature on outside kiln; 38

I missed writing a post last night, shame on me. I felt a little guilty, I should have completed it in the afternoon  knowing that once I started doing this.......                                        



















And oh yes this....

 with......




And......

...that I would never get back to writing after the fact, and I did not. The Moscow Mules were just too good..hey I only drank 1.5 but still.... my girlfriend Christine Drumright makes them strong I am telling you. 

 I realized that for me it has been far too long that the four of us have sat and shared out lives, no one's fault but my own really, I spend wayyyyy too much time in the studio pushing clay around. But I am changing that scenario this year, my year, 2015, and anticipate with excitement more evenings akin to last night.
It is easy to reflect on how one spends one's life, especially  as you turn 58 in my case and approach the completely unbelievable number of 60. And to admit how right our parents were, that yes, the years are sprinting by now, more quickly even with each year. We consoled ourselves however with the fact that 60 is the new 50 and that we are living very different lives than our parents did; so much more active, less health problems, more connections  within a broader world.

It was such a much needed break for me! May I spend many more evenings in 2015 drinking vodka with my girl buddies... thanks ladies!





No comments:

Post a Comment