Saturday, March 28, 2015

Warm Sun, Blue Skies, Short-lived Pottery

Day; 69. Sunny, warm, incredibly beautiful. Almost like summer. Temperature on outside kiln; 70

The most beautiful day I have seen in many, many moons... Really incredible! Warm, no wind, the bluest sky and views of snow-covered peaks from downtown Santa Fe, I am feeling lucky today!

I spent the day in my ez-up tent downtown in the Railyard District selling pots outside the Farmers Market.


 I love Saturdays in the Railyard! ( as opposed to Sundays when I fall asleep from boredom), so much energy, incredible food, musicians, kids running around, friends saying hello, it just feels good. And it is really satisfying to set up my tent in the middle of it all and talk to people from virtually all over the country, and most often, the globe. A real cross section of humanity strolling through the market... great fun. ( except for the 4- 35 pound sandbags  I have to lug with me to keep my tent from becoming a kite.. Did I mention my trip to the chiropractor 3 posts back?!)




And I sold a lot of pots today.. Including one of my favorites... (large white and yellow bowl on the right)..



Sadly it had only a few more minutes of life left after I sold it. I warned the man that the bag I had  with paper handles would not hold it's weight and to carry it from the bottom. He assured me he would, however he was back 5 minutes later looking very chagrined. He was handing it to his wife and let go of the bottom, consequently dropping it and shattering  into countless pieces. I felt really sorry for him, he really loved that bowl,  we even  haggled over the price for a minute or two in order for him to be able to purchase it. 

What to do? I warned him!...But I felt slightly responsible so ended up giving him another little bowl in consolation. I offered to throw all the pieces of the first one away for him but he refused, he insisted he was going to go home and glue it all back together!! Poor man, he must of really liked that bowl!....

I think I will look around on the internet for some cheap plastic handled bags that can carry some weight!


No comments:

Post a Comment