Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Singing with the Girls and More Birthday Fun

Day; 48. Looking like it could rain or snow again. A bit chilly and breezy. Temperature on outside kiln; 39

Another Wednesday afternoon with the girls singing and working on the dance set list. I just love singing "I Want You Back" by the Jackson 5, it is just so fun with all the harmonies and background vocals. I noticed however I am really having trouble with my vocal cords, they get really raspy and sore after only the first hour, got to figure this out. I think I am going to go back to using a microphone, I believe I am straining to be heard over the 3 guitars, Uke, and trap set drums. Duh.... ! I kinda love though just singing without it, just more casual and fun, but I don't want to damage anything, so.. back to vocal exercises as well.

The Girls Band also sang me happy birthday in 5 part harmony, which was very special indeed. After tuna sandwiches, chips, brownies and chocolate cake, I am surprised I could sing at all anymore but we did soldier on for another hour on some up-tempo numbers. I love these women so much, so willing to share, experiment, sing, play, be goofy together. I am really appreciative of them.

When I came home my sister showed up with flowers, hand cream for a needy potter, and a gift certificate for a full body massage. Additionally, on Facebook and in my personal e-mail account were numerous b-day greetings; brothers, ex-husbands, close and not-so-close friends, nieces, nephews, colleagues, etc... it was like a rampage of support and love. And I needed it. I have been feeling -lessthan recently. Not sure why, but there it is. Today however, whoever is in charge of things in this world decided to shower me with love and kisses and I received them. And I never stepped into the studio today,  I will start again tomorrow, I am 58.

No comments:

Post a Comment