Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Girls In the Garage....

Day; 73. Sunny and warm again today but windy. It must be spring if the wind has started up, and  I must be prepared for it not to stop until June. Every year at this time it blows for all of April and May. Temperature on outside kiln; 65 degrees
Firings; waiting for glaze kiln to cool, last 100 degrees or so and I can unload. It will have to wait until morning however, I plan to eat a little pasta and then watch American Idol as the last dozen singers perform live...

Trimmed about 10 bowls today before/after band practice and that was it for Magpie Pottery today. I have been going over an hour earlier than the rest  of the crew to get a little more singing practice in. Dear Julie played her beautiful baby grand for me in her 14-foot-ceiling living room. The acoustics are wonderful, I always sound better at her house than at mine! It feels  good to really warm up my voice before the rest of the Girl's Garage Band shows up and to sing some old standards that I have always loved;
Smile, Since I Fell for You, and  You Don't Know Me are a few of the songs we are working on. Thrown in are a few contemporary tunes from Alicia Keys and  Bob Dylan.

Today was so gorgeous that we literally were a garage band,  electing to open the garage doors and set-up facing south looking out into a beautiful blue sky, here are the girls rockin' the hood....








Can't wait until next week!...............

No comments:

Post a Comment