Sunday, April 12, 2015

Two Heads (and two arms) Are Better Than One

Day; 81. Warm, a little overcast but nice. Temperature on outside kiln; 62 degrees.


Whewww! Back to the land of the living.... 3 intense days of shoulder/arm/neck pain and no drugs to speak of??!!  I tried to find some green relief but I guess we are just all too old now, not one of my friends had any!?  Couldn't get comfortable, couldn't sleep, couldn't work really. Just sort of wandered around trying to distract myself, not all that successful. I did have a dynamite massage on Thursday however which at least hurt me so good.... Combination work and pinched nerve? I don't know and I don't care, I just know it is ok now and that's all I need to know....
Spent Saturday morning here.. . outside the farmers market selling my wares of course  (thanks to Pepe-the-hard-working-intern or my tent and work would still be out there and not in my truck).




And had a really wonderful time talking to people from all over the globe actually; London, Canada, Texas (it's own country right?!) It was murder getting there at 6am and setting up with me/myself/I, but I did it and was glad after all was said and done. There is a wonderful vibe when all the farmers are out and about and selling their wares; so many colors, textures, the beautiful abundance. And even though we artists are outside and not in the same space, the constant parade of dogs and people going by clutching their vegetables is amusing, entertaining, comforting somehow. All seems right with the world when your local community is enjoying themselves so.
I always have the best conversations with people in my booth. They seem to enjoy the market so and as well, to meet local artists.  I meet visiting scientists from Los Alamos, sisters from upstate New York, and a young potter and boyfriend/chef from Canada. We talk politics, ceramics, food, weather, life in our respective towns and how they differ. It is such a great cross-section of the country.

And then there are those who just simply want a little shade and to talk on their cell-phones, to take pictures of your work, or have some time to waste before their next stop....I try to  be nice and smile/greet everyone, but sometimes it is hard, especially when they ask how long it took me to make something..... 30 years, is my pat answer.....



No comments:

Post a Comment