Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Out of the Kiln and Into the Marketplace....

Day 78. Sunny and warm, beautiful spring day. Temperature on outside kiln; 56

Pepe the-potter-in-training and I had a really productive day together. And he will be in Santa Fe for the summer! Internship continues through June/July, great news for me, not so sure for Pepe. This means he goes to summer school and doesn't graduate completely in May. I'm ecstatic, Pepe not so much....But atleast he has a summer job!

Anyway, we rocked the studio today!; unloaded the kiln, sanded buttons and earrings. made cute little square plates and recycled 100#'s of clay. I'm exhausted  and ready for the couch but he had homework to do and a class to go to...ahhhhhh to be 22 again, so much energy! I kept trying to feed him but he wasn't hungry. How can a person work that hard and not eat for 5 hours?! No wonder he weights about as much as I do...

 Here is a small part of what we did today... plus my favorite little tumbler from this kiln-load complete with new images..(enough with birds and bees already!)






Looking forward to the Clay Fair at the end of this month, especially if everything comes out as good as this kiln-load did!

No comments:

Post a Comment