Sunday, April 19, 2015

If You Don't Like The Weather, Wait 5 Minutes.....

Day; 88. The opposite of yesterday. As we used to say in Colorado; "if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes!" Kinda like that, but had to wait 24 hours and back to springtime. Temperature on outside kiln; 50

I so wish I could have gotten a picture from the vista point out in the Galisteo Basin Preserve this morning for y'all. Just picture crystal clear air and sky, with Ortiz Mountains in the background and the Galisteo Wave closer in.... Really, really beautiful. After growing up in smoggy So. Cal., clean air to breathe is still a luxury to me after 30 years departed from those shores....
After a stiff cappuccino and a bursting-with-blueberries muffin at Cafe Fina this a.m., I was ready to tackle the pile of work in the studio....


This is just the pile of bowls to glaze (not pictured;  piles of plates, cups, mugs, etc....) After spending all afternoon glazing, I am pooped! I will recommence tomorrow and just fire whatever is ready to go by, say, 5pm. Cuz after that is din-din of course and then I can't miss The Voice at 7, the competition is getting tough!
One more quick glaze firing, an image transfer firing on Wed. and Voila!, a body of work for the Clay Fair
by Friday!
I'm gonna need that weekend in Sonoma after this... Can't wait to see my family at the end of next week, smell the ocean, and dance at my niece's wedding!!! ( for now I will just keep glazing...)

No comments:

Post a Comment