Monday, April 6, 2015

Contemporary Clay Fair A-comin' Down the Pike

Day; 77. Sunny, warm and a bit breezy again. Temperature on outside kiln; 60 degrees
Firings; image transfer firing afternoon/evening to cone 02, about 8 hours total. Off by 9pm. Unload
finished work in the morning! Yipeeeeeeee

I spent this  morning finishing up image transfers that I started on Friday!? Finally got kiln fully loaded and firing by early afternoon. I tried to take  a brief nap for 30 minutes, that is  until dog sled team woke me up to dish out their puppy chow. Somehow they can tell what time it is without being able to read a clock....

Afterwards, I had an early dinner with Adele Devalcourt from Handstar Designs in Louisiana. About 18 months ago I helped her start a crowd-funding project through Indigogo. Her dream was to move back home to Lafayette and open up her own ceramics studio/school. Although the project was not fully funded, she did receive a portion of the needed  funds and subsequently used those to move, find a location, and set-up shop. As I was very involved in the prep work here in Santa Fe ( writing, scheduling, moving equipment, pricing, estimating costs, moral support, etc.... ) it was very gratifying to see her after a year in her new home and find out how it is all unfolding for her.

After fueling up at Harry's Roadhouse ( I know I was just there two days ago....) I continued on to the pre-show meeting for the Annual Spring Contemporary Clay Fair coming up in a mere 3 weeks. We divided up the postcards, scheduled the jobs for all participants for the weekend, and  made up a floor plan for the layout of the show itself. We are pretty much ready to go! Now to just make pots like a crazy woman for the next two weeks and then fire, fire, and fire!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment