Friday, April 3, 2015

It's all Sher-The-Drummer's Fault

Day; 74. Sunny and warm but chilly in the am. Spring has sprung. Temperature on outside kiln; 60 degrees.
Firings; none! Didn't quite make it, loading an image transfer kiln today but only half full. So....

I was a bad girl last night, didn't make my daily blog post.... Went for happy hour at my friend Sher's house and, well, that was that... But, I had THE MOST INCREDIBLE DARK BEER I have ever had; Alagash Black from California. I previously liked dark beer but never loved it, there was always this bitterness at the end of the sip... Not anymore. I loved this beer for the absence of the bitter aftertaste, just a smooth dark creamy loveliness all the way home... After a hot, dry,  dirty day in the ceramics studio, a cold dark smooth alcoholic beverage is just about as close to heaven as I will probably ever get... I was trying to be polite and not gulp it, not sure I succeeded.
It was so good I started to think about how I could bring an extra carry-on next month when I go to Sonoma just so I could sneak a few bottles back to New Mexico with me. Hmmm, might have to seriously think about that....
Oh yeah, back to studio doings.... Busy making earrings/pendants/buttons, lots of small stuff. A nice change, I can actually sit down and work on them, a welcome alternative to all that standing, bending, lifting, etc... that I am constantly doing. The only downside to jewelry making is that they will forever remind me of 911; everyone remembers what they were doing as they watched the second plane live on TV hit the other twin tower, and it just so happens I was sitting making earrings at the time. I didn't move for the rest of day as I watched tiny hand-holding  figures  jump from the top of the tower...(Indelibly etched in my memory)
Now I listen to old jazz tunes and plan what I might sing next week with my pianist!!






No comments:

Post a Comment