Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Last of the Wet Work for the Studio Tour

Day; 98. Sunny, spring like. Incredibly blue New Mexico sky. Temperature on outside kiln; 69 degrees!!

After singing with  Julie and her piano for an hour, and then another 2 hours with The Girl's Garage Band, I came home to throw the last of the cups and mugs for the Eldorado Studio Tour in 2.5 weeks. I am always jealous of my jeweler friends who can work up to the night before a show if they want to... us potters we have to stop working with wet clay 2 weeks before the show or it ain't gonna make it out of the 3 kiln firings in time...So, my wrists are sore but I did get a few large bowls, some tumblers and mugs made to replace the ones sold last weekend at the clay fair.
And now tonight is the last of the studio tour meetings; pick up postcards and brochures, go over organization of the preview gallery, check-in with all the committees, and find out how the publicity is going....
After 5 years on publicity, I have moved myself to the distribution of brochures committee and very happy about that. Publicity is stressful and the most important job, I am happy to just have to spread tour brochures around town. After organizing the Clay Fair last weekend, I needed something a little easier to do....

So, now all I have to do is fire, glaze, fire, glaze, fire, glaze.... But first a weekend in the wine country at my niece's wedding, thanks Naomi for getting married in beautiful Glen Ellen where it will be 86 degrees on Friday! Makes up for the snow storms last weekend in Santa Fe!!....... Now if I could just decide on which dress I am wearing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment