Sunday, April 26, 2015

A Weekend Amongst my Kind

Day; 94. Back to winter?! Blowing rain and then thick snow fly mid-morning. Beautiful afternoon. Temperature on outside kiln; 38

What a wonderful weekend. I just spent two days hanging out with 30 other potters selling pots. Such a connection with all of them as we intimately know what life is like being in our studios day after day. Sometimes I think I hate ceramics, ( like when the kiln fucks up) but not today.... Potters are just naturally good people, it is natural selection at it's best.  There will never be a serial killer who is also a potter, just won't happen, ceramics selects for only committed, hard-working, kind people. And because they like to use their pots and those of other potters, they are also almost always good cooks, except of me. I am the random genetic mutation on that one...

Here is how much we sold this weekend;


This is a stack of a couple hundred receipts representing the hundreds of pots we sold for thousands of dollars...It was record breaking. As the morning started out with rain and then blowing snow, a lot of the potters were concerned. But experience told me that snow is very good for a ceramics sale, given it is indoors, which ours is. Because Santa Fe could not hike, garden, or do anything else outside today, instead they came to the Clay Fair, in droves I might add.  We had our highest sales ever on a Sunday we have ever had, snow and all. As a bonus, my husband came and played classical guitar for 2 hours and provided a very nice atmosphere. Thank you steering committee members, potters, and Santa Fe for all your hard work and support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment