Thursday, April 16, 2015

Glaze-a-thon

Day; 85. Incredibly windy. Reminds me of the winters I spent on top of Hurricane Hill up against the Continental Divide...Temperature on outside kiln; 52 degrees.

My knees hurt, my shoulders hurt, my wrists hurt.... 8 hours standing on concrete glazing, brief hour out to Galisteo and back to run with the dogs....But Big Mama is locked and loaded and ready to go...



Unfortunately had to load in a wind storm and got it almost completely stacked and had to redo the entire load due to leaves, dirt, dust, having settled on all the pieces. I carefully unstacked everything blew them off and re-stacked it. It wouldn't do to have desert detritus fired onto the surfaces of all my new plates... arggg. But I got it done and took a quick pic of Kodiak The Kiln God overseeing it all.. 3 Hail Mary's and we are off and running at about 5pm on Thursday. About 7 hours to cone 6 temperature ( 2210F) and another 18 hours to cool. I will unload very early Saturday morning. Another Contemporary Clay Fair begins to take shape....

No comments:

Post a Comment