Friday, October 30, 2015

One Step Forward and Two Back

Day; 213. Rain, Rain, Rain! Lovely wet morning...

Temperature on outside kiln; 45 degrees
Kiln firings; none
Music in the studio; The Voice Perfomances on Spotify

Missed a few days.... dealing with unexpected life  happenings and old friends in town.... On my way to town two nights ago to catch up with my mentor/old professor from college, my Saab just stopped... There I was rounding the corner at Old Pecos Trail and nothing.... I coasted to the side of the road and called AAA. After standing on the side of the road for 45 minutes, I and my car got towed back to Eldorado and to our mechanic...  Yesterday morning we got the discouraging news that the car would take as much to fix the timing belt/value job as it was worth ... Looks like it is terminal... Hard news for us as we were just about to finally paint our house and get a few new windows put in, and it needs it so badly... Arggggggggg!!!!!

We are down to one car now and really need to sell our Dolphin/Toyota RV, anyone out there want to buy a very cute 80's refurbished Dolphin?! We have had several bites but as winter is coming on no one is seriously thinking of summer road trips in a new RV right now.... The feeling of one step forward and two back is rather strong this morning...
The fun part of the last two days was meeting up with Mr. Paul Wack (aka Wacko). Paul was my planning teacher at UCSB and also gave me a job grading papers for his large lecture classes. Funny, charming, smart, and very helpful, he guided me through my last two years of college, which I finally finished at the age of 29. I had not seen Paul in perhaps 20 years so it was great fun to sit and share a small meal last night and catch up on each other's lives. It took my mind off my car woe's and made me appreciate my life more as I showed him pictures and explained what I had been doing for the last two decades.

Today handsome husband and I are looking at used cars, considering a car payment on a used Nissan, and thinking about how to share a car between two artists and 4 huskies....
Later I will load up the Toyota Truck (good girl!, has never let me down) for the last Saturday at the Railyard Artists' Market tomorrow. It is pouring rain right now so I will wait until this afternoon and hopefully not have to do it wet..... sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment