Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Maggie and one lonely Magpie

Day; 207. Dramatic change in the weather... Huge thundershowers, lightening, pouring rain...
Temperature on outside kiln; 50 degrees
kiln firings; none
Music in the studio; Maggie and the Magpie's.... !

The weeks fly by.... It is Wednesday again, which means, you guessed it, band practice. Since our lead guitarist is out of town, I decided to have practice at my house this week. Due to inclement weather I had only one Magpie show up today but that was just fine.... Miya plays a mean rhythm Uke and can sing back up as well... It was kinda like old times when it was just Miya on the uke and me singing while we idled away the time in our booths at art fairs. We went over all the new songs as best we could without a lead guitar and bass with the exception of "Bring it On Home", just doesn't translate well on the ukelele! ( I am sure Sam Cook would agree!).
Mid-afternoon now and it is still pouring rain, I so want to go back to bed with a good book  rather than make pots... I have built fires in the studio and the house to drive the chill away as we have no other source of heat for our house. Love the feeling of a cosy house/studio with fires burning...  maybe I will climb into bed!......

No comments:

Post a Comment