Thursday, October 22, 2015

Snow in October...!

Day; 208. Cloudy and cold, thick sheet of ice on my windshield as I prepared to go get coffee at 7am... Jemez Mountains across the valley dusted with snow on October 22nd...!? yikes...

Temperature on outside kiln; 48 degrees
kiln firings; none
Music in the studio; Vocal exercises with Anne Peckham on the Ipod, (and the dog Leona in the background on the higher tones)

Cold morning in the studio.., luckily we have about 3-4 cords of wood squirreled away for the winter... Nice and toasty in there by the time I built a fire and then ran down to the local coffee shop and back for some strong morning espresso. And of course Whoo's donuts to go with it since it is Thursday and they actually have them....(still stuck on Blue Corn/lavendar, probably never going to stray from them...)

As I drove back to the studio from the coffee shop, I got a grand view of the Jemez mountains clearly dusted with a good amount of snow. Mid-October seems a tad early for the white stuff but it was so beautiful nonetheless. And as I gazed out the studio window into the backyard upon returning home, I thought for a split section that it had hailed in the backyard... But then I realized they were awfully large hailstones and that I should investigate... Sure enough there was white stuff  spread all over the backyard but it was not the kind that falls from the sky but rather the kind that blows in the wind after two puppies have their way with a new cushion... Here is the culprit looking guilty and remorseful...as she should be...






After cleaning up as best I could, with  no help from Oso or Kai by the way, I made pieces for little creamers and vases. Can't wait to put them all together tomorrow; bodies + bottoms+ handles+ spouts= something wonderful to use everyday.....

No comments:

Post a Comment