Friday, October 2, 2015

Potter to the Stars.....

Day; 196.  A little cloudy, some sprinkles... Is Fall on it's way now?
Temperature on outside kiln; 76 degrees
Kiln Firings; none
Music in the studio; non-studio day.

OMG, I just had the weirdest, but fun, teaching experience of my long career...  Today I was a Potter to the Stars (very rich and famous Hollywood types and CEOs). One of the downtown fancy hotels was turned over to a large group of actors, actresses, writers, etc... who had come to Santa Fe for a conference. For some reason they wanted a crafts tent complete with a ceramics studio and a glory hole for glass blowing. There were 7-8 teachers, with assistants, and 20 students/rich and famous types.  An ex-CIA operative poured champagne for the students! It was funny though, after getting over the surprise that  the person sitting next to you starred in the block buster movie you saw last month, they just became regular ole' humans playing around with clay.
But Jesus, the security! I thought maybe the Pope had heard about it and decided to show up... The place was a fortress complete with roving bands of big burly types, bomb sniffing dogs, and secret passwords!! Luckily I was in the know, so they let me in, but I felt like I had landed in a spy movie! Never has throwing on the potters wheel been so heavily guarded..!?
Home now and exhausted after a hot bath and a cold beer. Gotta get up early for a show downtown tomorrow, (God, I hope all the rich Hollywood folks cross the street and come to the show!) so off to Netflix and bed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment