Monday, October 5, 2015

Rest and Recovery....?

Day; 197. Overcast, grey. Fall is here....
Temperature on outside kiln; 59 degrees
Kiln firings; none
Music in the studio; Spotify: Piano Bar

A little R&R would be nice, but it is not to be.... After my Friday teaching session with Hollywood/Ex-CIA operative types, I spent the weekend in  Cathedral Park doing a show. Unfortunately the weather did not hold out and I  had to stand in the wind and some rain for a large part of it. I did some business but I kept waiting for my new fancy friends to come by (they were staying only one block away...!) and buy half my inventory ( they could afford it!). That was not to be either. Damn that would have made even a better story..!
Half frozen and very tired I came home last night and literally fell into bed. I think I spent about 12 hours last night in a supine position watching movies, reading, and getting some sleep. Today I started on the next show, 10-11 days from now, by rolling out slabs for more plates and platters. I have exactly 3 days to make work for the next bisque firing on Saturday. I figure if I make until Wednesday, and quick dry Thursday/Friday, I can get the kiln going on the weekend. Not much time to make enough work for a kiln load so the slab roller was heatin' up today as I rolled at a very fast pace. Tomorrow I will throw some cups/tumblers and Wednesday a few larger fill-in pieces and hope that is enough to make it worthwhile to use a lot of electricity on Saturday for the bisque firing... Good thing donuts are only a dollar on Mondays and that I stocked up for the next couple of days at Whooo's. It appears I am going to need the extra fuel...



No comments:

Post a Comment