Friday, October 23, 2015

Where's Pepe?!

Day; 209. Sunny and beautiful, a bit damp still.

Temperature on outside kiln; 59 degrees.
kiln firings; none
Music in the studio; Trijntje Oosterhuis (Dutch pop and jazz singer who likes to cover Burt Bacharach and Stevie Wonder tunes, my fave...!)

Finally getting some work done this week, and it's Friday! Oh well, took me all week to get rolling!? I finished the pieces I started yesterday and I think they came out good... cute little pouring thingies.. 


I guess these are creamers, although I am not sure anyone uses creamers anymore... But potters love to make pourings vessels of any sort ( so fun to put all the pieces together..!) so I guess I am just having fun... After posting on Instagram someone wants one without them even being glazed yet so I guess that is a good sign..

Also heard from two project managers today about commissions that I have been wondering about...
 Wholesaling to the fancy downtown historic hotel is a go! Orders will be placed in Nov. for a mid-Jan. delivery, perfect! The slow time of year, maybe I will get through this winter ok...!
Also got an email from the tile commission people ( 300+ tile for hotel renovation), final meeting to discuss budget and tile design for 14 new showers is set for next week. God I hope I dont have to have them done before X-mas...!? I will have to hire someone to help me... HELP  Pepe, I need you! The shy-but-hardworking-intern rides again.... ! You cant move to Seattle yet until you help me roll out 300 tiles... !!
Here comes the Holiday crush.... !!

No comments:

Post a Comment