Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Makin' Stuff....

Day; 206. Overcast, rainy. A real fall day,  bright yellow aspen leaves scattered in the driveway...
temperature on ouside kiln; 55 degrees
kiln firings; none
Music in the studio; Spotify: Afternoon Acoustic

Little scoops, breakfast plates, square tumblers... all just to restock from last weekend. I did sell a large vase on Saturday for a very good price so I think after restocking all the little stuff I will go back to working on some large handbuilt vases and pitchers. Same paper pattern for both just need to add a handle and spout for the pitcher. A bit tricky to hand-build from slabs but since I am just a so-so wheel-thrower it is easier than centering and pulling thin walls on the potters wheel for me....

I love days like today.. rainy, chilly, fire in the wood stove.. I don't pine to be anywhere else, just snug and warm in the studio makin' stuff..When is it gorgeous outside it is a little harder to focus but when the season turns I am so happy to be indoors with dogs and music. Now if it was snowing that would be even better makin' weather... !



No comments:

Post a Comment