Monday, November 2, 2015

Another White Toyota in the Family

Day; 214. Sunny, chilly but beautiful.

Temperature on outside kiln;
kiln firings; glaze firing to cone 6. ( 2210 degrees)
Music in studio;

Wow 3 days just went by..!? Fri.-Sun. I didn't get any blogs done.. Nothing to say, not  in the studio, and a bit stressed and tired, so I just went with the flow... Back at it and in the studio on a Monday morning, however quick trip into Santa Fe Clay to return the glaze ingredients I purchased on Saturday which were the entirely wrong things.... ! Must have been really tired  and cold from the market that morning... Back in an hour or so...

Ok, I'm baaaack! Had to exchange some zircopax for some zinc oxide and frit  #3134 for #3124 at Santa Fe Clay. Jeez, I must have been asleep when I went shopping on Saturday...!?

Friday, after working all day in the studio and waiting for Handsome Husband to bring back the truck, we did get it loaded up for the Saturday market before it got dark that night. Went to bed tired and stressed about car situation and how we would share the Toyota as we figured out our next move. Proceeded to get up at 5am in a  very dark and chilly dawn and got myself downtown in the railyard before sunrise...


It was a bit of a challenge getting my tent up in the dark but I did manage, and if nothing else all that moving and lifting kept me warm in 38 degree weather. However, as the morning wore on I realized it might not be worth all the effort, and in the end that became evident. I sold exactly $69. worth of ceramics, so that with a $50. booth fee, my profit for the morning was  meager at best. After standing and trying to keep warm all morning, by 1pm I no longer cared and  I just wanted a hot bath and a nap in my cozy bed....

....Which I did get later that afternoon and upon waking found an almost new large white Toyota SUV sitting in my driveway...While I and the dogs rested my Handy Handsome Husband went out and bought a car! I should have known that my particular Virgo would not allow a problem to stand unresolved for an entire day..!! Noooooo....!!! We now have a car payment but we also have a very reliable vehicle that he can actually get into without twisting himself into a knot and more importantly 4 large Siberian Huskies do fit into the back compartment... the ultimate selling point apparently!
As November is the thankful-and-grateful  month, I am just that; happy that we are back on track, everyone is happy and healthy and life is good! We will figure out how to pay for the new Sequoia as we go along, just like we do every month... all's well that ends well....!

No comments:

Post a Comment