Wednesday, November 4, 2015

December Could be Dicey...

Day; 216. Cloudy, cool, storm on the way....

Temperature on outside kiln; 48 degrees
Kiln firings; none
Music in the studio; More of the Potters Podcast with potter  Maria Dondero

It's Wednesday so that means I spent the morning singing with the Magpies and was only in the studio for a few hours this  afternoon... I did get  the thrown  feet attached to  the pieces from yesterday however and I am now working on the rims...


 It feels good to make some larger pieces that will help fill the kiln.. Filling the kiln with cups and bowls takes forever!!!!! I've had a lot of warpage lately so I hope with the cooler weather and drying slowly this will be reduced. Stay tuned on the bigger pieces...

Just heard from the interior designer in town that I have been working with on the hotel addition... At first it looked like maybe not (the Magpie tiles put the project over budget) but now it looks like it might be a go. I will hear at the end of the week... I can't decide whether to be happy or to panic! 300+ tiles right before X-mas!? Holy Shit!! Take a deep breath and repeat after me 100 times; Remain calm, remain calm, remain calm... all will be well..... all will be well....

No comments:

Post a Comment