Saturday, February 7, 2015

Today I'm In Utopia..

Day; 28. Sunny, incredibly warm, it seems like spring. Temperature on outside kiln; a balmy 58

Today I was here for the afternoon...



















...participating in a trunk show at the request of the  lovely Destiny Allison who owns and operates our general store here in Eldorado, Utopia. As I sat for two hours chatting with whomever strolled in, I felt a deep sense of gratefulness and community. I knew just about everyone who walked by and some even mentioned my husband, David Yard. Most had heard of Magpie Pottery even if I did not know them personally. I was feeling really lucky that I lived in a place where I could  spend two hours easily  making money, garner a private student to boot, and eat as many chocolate-covered espresso beans as I wanted. Not too sure what to expect as I drove up to unload, but what a pleasant afternoon it became however. With one little 4 foot table I managed to sell several pieces and have fun as well, I love working for myself!













After stopping at the deli on the way home for dinner-makings, I loaded up the truck for the Railyard  Market again tomorrow and also filled the bisque kiln with new work.. what a long but satisfying day!
I am now officially exhausted and it is time for Netflix and beddy-by....if the dog-sled team will make room for me that is.



No comments:

Post a Comment