Friday, February 27, 2015

Another Snowy Day in the Studio

Day; 44. Overcast, really cold, snowy. Never left the house. Temperature on outside kiln; 19 degrees
Firing; unloaded the image transfer firing at around 11am.

Another snowy day in the studio.. here is the dog sled team watching it come down and wishing they could go romp around in it...

I imagine them saving, "if we only had a sled, if we only had a sled... "  Instead the littlest and cutest one tore apart the couch cover... Ah well, it was a cheap solution to dogs using the furniture as  beds, but it was almost new!! Arggg! It is hard to discipline her for it however, she is so young and doesn't have enough to keep her occupied. More dog toys, more dog toys....











Back in the studio, I accepted the challenge from other potters world-wide to  post a photo of my 8 fav pottery tools, it looked like this...






Kind of interesting for me to narrow the tools of my trade down to eight; these are the ones I use everyday and could not do without. They are not usually this clean however, I admit to giving them a quick sponge bath before snapping this shot.











Also unloaded the 3rd and final firing of this weeks cups and mugs and was very happy with the results, here are my favorite 3 pieces from this kiln load;






Lots and lots of wonderful cups, mugs, and tumblers for the Albuquerque show in  two weeks. One more kiln of mostly large serving pieces and it will be a  wrap.










 Also unloaded the plates for the NCECA La Mesa exhibit in Rhode Island next month and I am pretty happy. Lovely stack of 4 plates descending in size; glazes look good, no cracks, pin-holes, crazes, or bloats. How does anything get through 3 firings of 2000 degrees in one piece I am wondering?  I should feel lucky, or maybe it is just 30 years of  experience glazing and firing minerals and glass together?

Also took a large wholesale order from some very nice folks I met in Santa Fe a week ago. I know, I don't do wholesale but these people were so nice, they charmed me into it. I will get Pepe working on the slab roller tomorrow and we can get a good start on  a lot of the pieces that they want. I googled their store, Main Street Shop on Chincoteague Island, Virgina, and it looked very nice. It is also a coffee house, so all the cups and mugs should be a good fit.

It's Friday night, I don't have a date but I think it's time to eat and watch some PBS...

No comments:

Post a Comment