Friday, February 6, 2015

Finished Work At Last

Day; 21. Chilly but sunny. 2-3 inches of snow on the ground from last night. Temperature on outside kiln; 22
Finally some finished work out of the kiln!  Getting through the ceramic process (and 3 firings) feels like it took me eons, while it was only 3 weeks! The inertia of the holiday break and a winter slump threatened to overcome me completely, but I rallied... Now that I am up and running again I foresee the next body of work not taking so long to get out the door. I already have some nice large mixing  bowls waiting to be finished as well as some  ever popular noodles bowls. Tomorrow I will trim them all and get them on their way to drying. It feels good to have my days measured by the kiln load again... In the meantime here are a few lovely little cups destined for the Artful Tea shop in Santa Fe...

No comments:

Post a Comment