Saturday, February 28, 2015

Etsy It Is...

Day; 45. Overcast again, snowy. More snow than we have had all winter. Temperature on outside kiln; 23

Woke up to about 9-10 inches of snow today, I didn't realize we were going to get that much, here is the view at Magpie Pottery this morning;


 This must look pretty puny compared to what Boston has had to deal with, but for us out in the high desert 9-10 inches is a god-send.













 

Kai watches me from the front door as  I take pictures out front. She wishes she could romp in the snow with me. And in  fact later in the day we took the entire dog-sled team (Kai, Marshall, Oso, and Leona) out to the Galisteo Basin Preserve for a snow day hike. The 4-leggeds love it so much, they truly are in their element. Leona ran in circles chasing her tail she was so excited to get out into it.






After our walk I returned  home and  to the studio and finished a bunch of square mugs and bowls I threw yesterday. Afterwards I decided to check my on-line market place site one more time today as I had spent the morning listing pieces  while waiting for the mugs and bowls to reach the desired state of leather hard.
I have a love/hate relationship with Etsy and so had spent an afternoon recently researching other on-line market place sites. The competition looked terrible, really bad, so I recommitted myself to Etsy as my on-line shop and loved it up this morning. When I checked my shop this afternoon after finishing work, lo and behold someone had bought something! This was remarkable for two reasons; There are hundreds of thousands of sellers are Etsy and I had not sold anything in almost a year I think, sometime last spring I believe. I tend to think of it as a winter option and I am not very active on it the rest of the year.The fact that someone in Montana not only somehow found me amongst all those other shops and additionally decided to purchase seems to defy the odds.

The  immediate positive feedback after recommitting myself stopped my in my tracks. I do not believe in coincidences and so I paused and quietly  whispered a thank you into the air.....

No comments:

Post a Comment