Monday, February 23, 2015

I love this Universe!!

Day; 40!! I'm getting somewhere, well out of the 30's at least...
Overcast and very cold. I never left the house today, even to walk to the end of the driveway for the mail. Temperature on outside kiln this morning; 11 degrees

Synchronicity; "two or more events that appear to be meaningfully related but not causally-related. Synchronicity holds that such events are meaningful co-incidences"

First described by Carl Jung of all people in the 1920's,   synchronicity was proposed as  conclusive evidence of human archetypes and of a collective unconscious. He described it as a governing dynamic that underlined the whole of human history and experience. 

I am thinking about Mr. Jung and his "meaningful co-incidences" today as I experience it for myself and wonder in awe at the co-ordinating mastery of this Universe I inhabit. Two particular instances from the past week stick in my mind most clearly ( out of the many synchronictic events that happen to me on a daily basis..); Last Friday I drove to Albuquerque to get pictures taken of my work for future show applications. As it is the slowwww time of year, I was  a little worried about how I was going to pay the photographer and even considered  using old photographs for my applications this year. I decided since my annual income is dependent on good images that this was not a place to be pinching pennies. I showed up, we got some good shots and the phone rang. It was for me apparently. A friend of Margot the photographer had called to talk to her but found out Magpie Pottery was in the house and wanted to chat with me. Anne is a good customer of mine and just happened to call during my once-a-year visit. She wanted to know if the pieces I had were for sale and if she could come over and buy them. It blew my mind that before I even left the photo shoot the session was paid for! Ah....

The second co-incidence happened today as I began my work day glazing. A good friend's husband came by with 5 perfectly good kiln shelves and some posts to go with them. Two days ago as I was loading the kiln with a bunch of beat up, cracked and terrible looking shelves, I said to myself that when the money started flowing more consistently this spring that I would buy new ones. And today they showed up, for free!
I love this Universe! It gives me everything I ask for, if I can just tune myself to it's frequency. I am learning....



No comments:

Post a Comment