Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Ready, Set, Go!

Day; 107. Sunny, breezy, beautiful. Drenching rain last night, my garden is so very happy. Temperature on outside kiln; 63

I can't believe I am ahead of myself for the studio tour, it is only Wednesday and I am just about done;  some tinkering with display and prices (never really sure how much to charge!) but that is about it.. Oh yeah bake a million brownies for our guests and set up the back yard for the post-tour party and cook-out, but that is the fun part! Can't believe it that  every year  we do a party at the end, but it is a tradition to celebrate another success tour at our house on Sunday night with  eating, drinking, and music making, and it just wouldn't be the same if we all didn't rally for a get together afterwards.
Anyway, here is how the show is shaping up...





















... And as today was Wednesday,  I went to band practice and had a lovely time with the girls. Several of us had not played music together for a couple of weeks but it seemed to help rather than hinder, we rocked the garage  today! Even made one of our members cry with our rendition of Lean On Me, I guess it was a good rehearsal. I felt pretty good about it anyway, I think I really miss it when I can't make it. Last week I had such a bad summer cold/sore throat I had to stay home. Here are the girls working on our set for Julie's party in 10 days, we actually are opening up for her new guys band The Blue Mangoes..

Our Set List for May 23rd; 
Closer to Fine
Galileo
Soulshine
My Girl
Lost Stars
Southland in the Springtime
California Cast Iron Soul
Lean on Me


What a diverse list of songs! Kinda all over the place, but we like it like that. And because Julie is singing an entire set with the boys after us, I am singing lead on the entire list, slightly terrified but I know I can do it, at least when no one is listening...... !!

No comments:

Post a Comment