Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Inertia..

Day; 112. Sunny and beautiful, but very soggy! Temperature on outside kiln; 62 degrees

A beautiful spring day after the most ferocious rain storm last night I think I have ever experienced in New Mexico, no kidding. Hours of howling winds, thunder, lightening, extreme downpours, and all night long. I don't really know how much rain we got but it must have been a large percentage of our annual amount.
The garden looks a bit stunned and beaten down but happily green... guess I won't bother to water for about a week.

Post-studio tour ennui continues... well it is only day two. I slept all day yesterday and today I taught a two hour glazing class and that was it, back to bed with my book! Sure do not feel like making anything out of clay that is for sure! I have a special order for some tumblers which I would normally cringe at, but this week it is a blessing as it propels me back into wet clay. Maybe tomorrow!

This week concludes the 6-week intro to clay class with student Kristin Cassel, I will miss her. It was wonderful to have her in the studio with me and to watch her progress in her hand-building. Today we glazed the last of her cups and tumblers....


We will do one more glaze firing before she heads back to Travers City Michigan at the end of the month. Good luck Kris!  Follow your dreams of botanical studies and never let anyone steer you away from them....

No comments:

Post a Comment