Thursday, May 21, 2015

Back To Wet Work

Day; 114. Overcast, pouring rain. I just  cannot believe this...!  Temperature on outside kiln; 50 degrees.

Ok, so I did get out a bag of clay today... I threw a few mugs, tumblers and a few canisters... Just enough to warm up my wrists and get started again, then I took another nap. This is becoming a habit.... I can see now why the dogs are always doing it, so civilized....
Had to have a fire again this morning to warm up the studio, this is becoming ridiculous as well... It is May 21st and I am still lighting fires.... Makes me wonder what the summer is going to be like?!....

Ended the day here;



 Attended the annual Santa Fe Clay spring potluck held every year right before the summer session madness begins... Back in the day I knew everyone in the room and had taught them all, today I walked in and I didn't know anyone and no one knew me except the other instructors, times have changed...
Had a nice chat with owner Avra Leodas, it was really nice to catch up on my clay community and hear all the studio news... I miss it!



No comments:

Post a Comment