Wednesday, May 20, 2015

I'd Rather Sing Than Make Pots...

Day; 113. Sunny and beautiful, solidly spring.. Temperature on outside kiln; 70 degrees!

Post-studio tour inertia continues for the 3rd day.... I deserve a break however so that is fine. Besides it's Wednesday and that means Girl's Garage Band Practice! Damn,  I wish I had thought to take a quick pic of all of us set up in the (14-foot ceiling)  living room... we usually are literally in the garage or back sewing room. However we are opening for the Blue Mangoes on Saturday night and so practiced where we will be playing that night. . Also the lux/beautiful/black baby grand piano is in that room...sooo lovely to hear it. I sang ok, not as good as last week, but passable. I just need to get LOUDER!  This is hard for me, I am actually quite shy so being the lead on all the songs and singing so everyone can hear me is a major deal for me... I'm trying girls, really I am!

After singing for 3 hours I had to come home and eat and sleep.... Little Kai, the cutest and smallest of the huskies decided she would join in and snuggled right up beside me. I love her, so precious, except that she snores almost as loud as my husband!

The rest of the afternoon I spent buying airline tickets;
The Duke City  to The OC
The OC to Berzerkley
Berzerkeley to The Duke City

Had to do a series of 3 one-way tickets but I was able to get what I needed.
So, in one weekend in June I will be; 
  1. seeing my oldest brother for the first time in 9 years
  2. going to my 40th high school reunion
  3. body-surfing in Laguna Beach
  4. Attending my nephews high school graduation
Yipee!!, fun in the sun, and it better be hot and yellow flag surf conditions or this old beach bunny is going to be pissed off! So stoked to be back in my old stomping grounds! Stayed tuned for those pics!! ( bikini's optional...)

No comments:

Post a Comment