Monday, May 18, 2015

Post-Studio Tour Aches and Pains...

Day; 111. Overcast and windy again today.... Temperature on outside kiln; 60 degrees

Missed you all last night, had to have a party, drink a beer, sing a song.... Fell into bed after sitting out under the Milky Way around the campfire alone for an extra hour... Just a gorgeous night...

Well,  after Saturday's weather fiasco, Sunday was a dream... Sunny, beautiful, and really busy. Lots of folks came out on Sunday instead, wet muddy roads on Saturday not very enticing to a lot of locals..I decided to move the show into just the studio from the dining room Sunday morning as there was not a lot of pots left and it looked kind of thin in there. Much better to have customers just come through the studio  instead of the entire house...
I am always amazed at who shows up; Texans, Denverites, new Eldo neighbors, folks from all over the county. And it is such a love-fest, a couple hundred people gushing over my work for two days, what's not to like about the Studio Tour?!
A lot of interest in clay classes and even snagged a new private student. All in all a success even if sales were down from previous years, but I think I did as well as I could what with snow and a lot less inventory.

And the weekend ended of course in my backyard eating, drinking, singing, hanging out under the stars etc... My lovely bandmates plus singer/songwriter Laurianne Fiorentino did a few tunes for us all...





I tried to join in but couldn't get through a song to save my life so gave up and took some pics.. I really liked this new musical combo!! Maybe more music in the future?

Even the dogsled team behaved themselves. I was worried they would jump on the dinner table and eat all the food, as they are likely to do, but instead they very nicely begged from all the artists and left the dinner table alone. It was the two puppies first studio tour so I didn't know what to expect...
Although I am not sure Kai enjoyed it much....


No comments:

Post a Comment