Monday, May 11, 2015

A Watched Pot Never Boils

Day; 106. Warm and sunny at last. Spring has returned. Temperature on outside kiln; 62

And a watched kiln never cools. Half of the studio tour work is sittin' in the kiln still. Last image transfer firing off this morning at 5am. 13 hours of cooling so far, 1-2 more to go. 250 degrees right now, cant really lift the lid until 130. So.... I will drink my half beer, make dinner and watch The Voice for an hour. Surely by then I can see what the hell is going on in that little kiln.. Which by the way I am so proud of!  Right through the Clay Fair and Studio Tour with no problems at all, thata'  girl!!
Pushing my luck however, the thermocouple is looking really crusty, time to at least replace that if not all the elements. I just don't want to spend $300 to outfit the whole kiln with new elements if it is still reaching cone 6 within 7 hours... I so badly need slippers, socks, pants, garden lights, etc... all the things the puppies chewed to pieces over the winter, I would rather spend the money  on puppy damaged than I would kiln parts...much more fun~!

No comments:

Post a Comment