Sunday, May 10, 2015

I Just Can't Wait Any Longer...

Day; 105. Sunny but not exactly warm, a little chilly wind happening. Temperature on outside kiln; 50 degrees

Pretty much took the day off... Going a little stir crazy, intense cabin fever. Too much time at Magpie Pottery and not enough gallivanting out in the spring sunshine. Decided to cancel students and interns this week and just take my time getting the last kiln firing together. Slept in, pulled weeds (lots!), and ended up going to the New Mexico Plant Company for annuals. I know I should officially wait until May 15th so that the danger of frost is past, BUT I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER! So instead of rolling out slabs on my slab roller it is housing these today...


Every spring I anxiously await May 1st on which day  I fill the back of the truck with flowers. So this year I even waited an extra week to do so... As the puppies have dug up just about everything that could be dug up in the back yard I am a little hesitant to put these beauties in the ground.. Nevertheless, as soon as the kiln is on and warming up  tomorrow, I am going ahead and gettin' dirty, frolicing puppies be damned...


No comments:

Post a Comment