Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Watching the River Run, Part 2

Day; 121. The Most Beautiful Day in the History of the World. Temperature on outside kiln; 80 degrees!

From snow a mere two weeks ago to  80 degrees today... winter right into summer without any spring.  Oh well, at least it has stopped snowing!  Although I hesitate  to say that in fear that it might start hailing...

In any case I promised a few more river pics yesterday, so here are a few more;






Oh it is so hard to let go of the river and get back to ceramics but I must!...

Today I had two new students show up ready to learn how to make tile for their kitchen and bathroom. How fun for me to get back to tile making after a very long hiatus... I have been making dinnerware for the the last decade with very little tile making in between. In grad school and for a few years after (mid-90's to 2005) I made A LOT  of tile and got a bit burned out on working exclusively with flat pieces of clay, not a lot of interesting form there! But now I am ready to enter into a new project with students Suzanne and Kim.. I always forget how much fun teaching can be and how rewarding it is to light a fire of creativity in someone else, thanks for the reminder girls!


No comments:

Post a Comment