Thursday, June 4, 2015

In And Out of the Kiln...

Day; 123. Sunny and warm again. Temperature on outside kiln; 80 degrees.
Firings; long slow bisque firing to cone 04. 12 hours to temperature, 18 hours of cooling...

Another morning of teaching with students Kim and Suzanne.. lots of test tiles and glaze planning...






While they worked on rolling out slabs and cut tiles, I worked on faceted whiskey cups;


I am really having fun throwing these cute little things and then spending all morning shaping and sanding. I like how the in side is still round but the outside form is a hard square. They are going to be really fun to glaze and choose images for. In fact I made a few taller ones immediately after as these were so satisfying to make. Funny how it takes so very little to get me engaged in my work again. Just a small change in form and I am off and running for days again, so easy to please!
After getting these ready to fire I unloaded the image transfer firing and  prepared that work for market on Saturday; shooting pics, sanding bottoms, pricing, and finally packing away. My two favorites for Saturday;





















Haven't had to load and unload the Tacoma in a month, I hope I don't die of heat and/or exhaustion getting booth up. Anyone out there wanna get up at 5,  be in the Railyard by 6,  and help me schelp heavy boxes of pots?! I didn't think so... Where is Pepe the shy intern when you need him most!!??

No comments:

Post a Comment