Saturday, June 6, 2015

Saturday in Marc's Park

Day; 125. Overcast but warm, a few sprinkles. Temperature on kiln; 80 degrees

It's is just getting light at 5am in early June... Off to the Railyard Park by 6, I love the early mornings, so peaceful, so quiet. I love the look and feel of sleepy Santa Fe, it was worth getting up for.
Got the tent, weights, tables, and ceramics up and displayed by 8...






Here I am with only the non-profit Folk Art Market tent beyond me, I am the last of the last tent in the show. I am not sure everyone who came out walked down this far, it was a little slow today. I enjoyed it anyway, warm with a few rain drops falling through the sunshine, really pretty.




I always think of the Railyard Park as Marc's Park, after my older brother. Several years ago as it was being finished he was the Western Regional Director of the Trust for Public Lands. The Railyard was one of TPL's biggest projects and he worked hard to see it to completion, hence it will always be associated with him for me. Those years were highlighted by many business trips for him out to Santa Fe and I relished the opportunity to see so much of him.
In 5 days I will go to Berkeley and visit Marc  and his family once again. We are celebrating the last of the 4 kids finishing high school and going off to college. He has the perfect party house overlooking San Francisco bay and I really look forward to watching the sun set from the 3rd floor while drinking a delicious glass of wine....

No comments:

Post a Comment