Thursday, June 25, 2015

Thank God for Strong Young Men....

Day; 137. Hot and sunny. A perfect summer day. Temperature on outside kiln; 88 degrees

Pepe the shy-but-hard-working-intern is back!! Thank God reinforcements have returned!..






And he doesn't mind recycling clay; the dirtiest, most boring, and body-crunching job there is....
And now we have bags and bags of fresh clay to play with, oh boy!

After graduating a month ago from the Santa Fe University of Art and Design, Pepe went home for two weeks to catch up on sleep and Mom's home cooking. He is now back in Santa Fe and at Magpie Pottery two days a week to finish his internship during July. I  had a nice time catching up today and answering his questions about post-graduate life; "How long does it take to want to be in the studio again?"  "How long does it take to get a job as an artist?" "How long does it take to figure out what to make and how to sell it?" Should I stay in New Mexico or go to Seattle?" etc....
I'm afraid after 20 years I couldn't quite remember what being a new graduate/artist person was like. And I am still figuring this life out... I wasn't much help.....

No comments:

Post a Comment