Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Late Spring Cleaning...

Day; 122. Another absolutely gorgeous day! Temperature on outside kiln; 80 degrees
Firings; Image transfer firing to Cone 01 instead of  02, just 50 degrees hotter to make sure red iron oxide bees don't rub off?!

Beginning another body of work.... so glad I don't have another big show in June! I can take my time a little, I have June and July to make some hopefully very good work for my favorite show up in Crested Butte. In the meantime I am just making small stuff for the Saturday Farmers/Artists Market days, what a breeze in comparison to the big national shows like Cherry Creek, no pressure at all! I like that! After 10 solid years on the show circuit I think I deserve an easier summer....

Today I just weeded the garden, gave the dog a haircut and put images on all the random flotsam and jetsam that was sitting around the studio, second string stuff that I had lost interest in. I am firing a very mixed kiln at the moment, old stuff, new stuff, Pottery Barn plates with bees on them... It felt good to clean out the studio of all the old pieces and either finish them or toss in the trash, late spring-cleaning, good for the soul!

It is so much easier to begin anew without all the old stuff in my way... I am very inspired by all the potters that I follow on Instagam, they are kicking my butt! I will publish some links tomorrow, but right now I have to work on Hubbies website before he divorces me.... !


No comments:

Post a Comment