Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Glazing, Glazing, and more Glazing..

Day; 179.  Sunny and warm, just a repeat of most days in the Southwest.

Temperature on outside kiln; 82 degrees
Kiln firings; glaze firing to cone 6, 2210F, with a 10 minute hold at temperature. About 8 hours total.
Music in the studio; Arg...., couldn't settle on anything today. All the prepared stations on Spotify I don't like. Contemporary music bores me; melodies and lyrics any Band 101 member could come up with during the first class session... nothing very complex or meaningful.  I tried but tomorrow I am going back to the 60's and 70's....

Glazing, Glazing, and more f*cking glazing. Trying to catch up on bisqueware, very bad idea to let it pile up..   soooo spent two days mixing, pouring, waxing, painting. I am tired now... !!

Additionally, the publicity for the Eldorado Fall Show and the Spring Studio Tour in May of 2016 has already begun! Amazing how early some of the deadlines are; 4-6 months in advance for print ready copy/images for most magazines. The first meeting for the May tour is on Thursday already. The Fall show PR for October is in full swing. My first application deadline for 2016 shows is in about 4 weeks, first of October. It goes against my lackadaisical nature to plan 6-9 months in advance but as an artist this is what I must do... tonight however something on Netflix or Amazon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment