Friday, September 4, 2015

Rain!!

Day; 182 (will I ever reach day 200!?) Overcast and cloudy all day, soft rain in the afternoon/evening

Temperature on the outside kiln; 73 degrees
Kiln Firings; small kiln cooling all day.
Music in the studio today; Eva Cassidy. In my dream life I sing like she does....

No Saturday Market this week as I am still working on building up some inventory for the Durango Show. This means that I am NOT out in the rain right now loading the truck for the Dawn Patrol tomorrow!! Yipppeeeeee! I also got my booth number for Durango and I am right where I want to be; in the middle of the show next to the best coffee shop/wine bar in town. These things are important when you have to set up a show in the dark at 6am....

Tired today as  I mistakenly programmed the kiln last night for a slow speed instead of medium which means I was awake until 3:30am last night wondering, "what the hell is taking so long?!"  You might  have thought I would have realized my mistake, but noooooo, I just thought it was the poor overused kiln elements finally gasping their last breath. So I let it run 5 hours longer than it needed to. The good news is I do not have to buy a new set of elements for $300. Next time I will check myself and make sure I am on the right schedule. One gets a little too sure of oneself after 25 years......

Finally got the handle on yesterday's pitcher attached  after a very large espresso, 4 hours of sleep is just not enough for me...  I like the surface texture but the handle is too skinny, I think it needs to be more beef-cake if one is going to grab it fully loaded and expect the balance to be right, I will try again tomorrow maybe...




No comments:

Post a Comment