Monday, September 7, 2015

Labor Day, Summer is Officially Over!!

Day; 185. Sunny and beautiful September Labor Day.

Temperature on outside kiln; 83 degrees
Kiln firings; none
Music in the studio; India.Arie

It's a federal holiday today to I am taking it easy. I assume Mr. Obama is doing the same but maybe not...
Slept in and slowly wandered out to the studio after a big cup of joe later in the morning. Loaded the bisque kiln with whatever was completely dry, still waiting on a few large bowls..
After lunch, sitting in the garden, and a nap, I made a few spoons in the afternoon, that was it!










 Not really inspired to do much wet-work knowing that time is up for the Durango show, just firing and glazing for the next 12 days and then off to Southern Colorado...! I love going up there in the Fall, the turning of the aspen trees are way ahead of us here in Santa Fe, I have even driven through snow and hail on the way to this show. For the most part however, I can expect mid-70's, purrrrfect!!



No comments:

Post a Comment