Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Back to Band...

Day; 190. Sunny and warm. Beautiful fall day... but breezy!

Temperature on outside kiln; 80 degrees
Kiln Firings; waiting for the last image transfer firing to cool so that I can unload...
Music in the studio; band practice today.. Maggie and the Magpies!

It's Wednesday and finally after 3 weeks at half-strength Maggie and the Magpies are fully back in town and ready to roll. Our next gig is at Miya Pottery during the Dixon Open Studio Tour in November. We have about 5-6 weeks to get our new set list together so we should be able to do that.  I am excited to sing some new songs and let go of some old ones.. As Miya's family will be in attendance, and her brother plays the trumpet, we should have some special solos goin' on... I like these causal gigs we got going, no stage, maybe a sound system, maybe not, and the audience wandering in and out. It keeps me more relaxed and better able to sing... I look forward to it!

No real studio work today, just gathering my show stuff,  packing clothes, cleaning up the studio. All distractions of course to keep me from opening the kiln too soon. Half the show is in the Big Mama Kiln and I desperately want to go out there and lift the lid. I  really want to see what two weeks of work looks like damn it!! But no, not worth thermal shocking it all and ending up with nothing...
So, I check the weather in Durango ( beautiful 75 degrees all weekend), make sure I have change, bags, wrapping paper, and think about dinner while the temperature inches down towards lid opening, 130 degrees.
 Only 20 degrees to go, maybe I will wander out there with my flashlight and see if I can view  anything.....


No comments:

Post a Comment