Wednesday, September 30, 2015

If It's Wednesday, Then You Know Where I Am...

Day; 194. Sunny and warm again! Did I mention how much I love September?

Temperature on outside kiln; 81 degrees
Kiln Firings; Decal Firing to cone 02 ( 2000 degrees)
Music in studio; Spotify: Acoustic Morning

It's funny how you think you know a song so well, and then you try to sing it yourself  and, oops! , you find out how well you really know it.. or don't. While going over a few new songs today with Maggie and the Magpie's, I felt like that kept happening, like, I got this! And then  No, I don't! It's always the timing for me, or the phrasing that is challenging. Since I am the only one not playing an instrument, it is more fluid for me and I struggle to count and hit the same beats in the same time signature as the musicians.. I have such uneducated ears that I sometimes think I don't hear half of what the guitarists are hearing. But I keep going back every Wednesday to sing and so hopefully I will have better ears someday....

Favorite new song to sing that has been added to the set list; Thinking Outloud (Ed Sheeran)
Here is a link to a most beautiful duet of this song;
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDTAGOoIm3c

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment