Monday, September 28, 2015

Back in the Saddle

Day; 192. Sunny and breezy. Gorgeous fall day in Santa Fe

Temperature on outside kiln; 78 degrees
Kiln Firings; glaze firing to cone 6, hold for 10 minutes at 2210.
Music in the Studio; Spotify is choosing today for me... "Acoustic Morning"

Wow, a week and a half just went by my window...!!! I haven't forgotten about you Dear Readers, all two of you!?, but somehow I needed a break and felt like I also had absolutely nothing new to say.... But I do want to reach Day #365 sometime ( it looks like middle of 2016 at this rate..). So  I am writing this in the middle of the day instead of early evening when I am too tired from working to form coherent sentences.

Very busy since returning home from Durango exactly one week ago. I never took a day off, must be why I was incapable of writing anything all week. However, lest all I do is windge amongst these pages... I just need to acknowledge that I love what I do, but balancing work, life, home, dogs, eating, sleeping, singing,  is not my strong point..
The Durango Show was great; very warm, well attended, and I knew almost all the other artists participating. Lots of sales to repeat customers as well as new found ones. I had the same spot as last year, right in front of my fave coffee house/bar, Eno, so did a fair amount of hanging out there early mornings and later in the beautiful fall evenings. I also had a dinner reunion with my river buddies from the Chama trip back in late May (see earlier posts), all kinds of fun catching up and reliving the trip.... To top the trip off I found the best used clothing store and dropped some show bucks on some great deals, my idea of a good time!

As mentioned, the past week has been a whirlwind of activity at Magpie Pottery, the fall/holiday  show season is upon us.. This week I; quickly made a small load of work for next weekend, celebrated my husbands b-day, hiked with the dogs, had dinner with my sister, went to hear some live music at Tiny's,  had a meeting with an interior designer I am working with, went to band practice, got a gig teaching throwing to Hollywood stars, had a yard sale, juried the Contemporary Clay Fair, and ended with a party in the backyard last night with a bunch of friends watching the full eclipse of the moon. Awesome!!
 Really loved seeing/hearing all my friends, 2-legged and 4-legged, howling and singing at the disappearing moon together, what a bunch of  drunken pagans!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment