Tuesday, September 29, 2015

A Day in the Garden..

Day; 193. Sunny, beautiful! How long can this last!?

Temperature on outside kiln; 80 degrees
Kiln Firings; unload glaze firing in baby kiln.
Music in the studio; none.

As husband Dave took the dog sled team for a hike this morning, I made coffee and rested in bed. I just couldn't get going today so I listened to my body and spent the day next to the gurgling fountain in the back garden. I have not had a day off for at least two weeks and it was time... past time.

So mostly I read books that were donated to Saturdays yard sale and were suppose to be sold..( I kept some for myself!) I think I was also very much recovering from last night's jury meeting for the upcoming Contemporary Clay Fair. It took us 2.5 hours to decided which 31 artists would be in the show, we had to disappoint 5 potters that we all know and/or like. It is gonna be hard to let a few of our potter friends know that their work did not make the grade. It is a blind jury but all the potters in New Mexico pretty much know each other and we can recognize their work. I hated to jury anyone out but we only have room for the best 31 artists and we had 36 apply.  Two of the potters who are not in the show are fairly good friends of mine from my neighborhood so that is going to be hard... I came home last night tired, sore, exhausted from two weeks of straight work and stressed about getting the show together as the producer. We have gone digital this time around and that has been a learning curve for the producers and the applicants alike.
 But the jurying is complete and now the fun part of putting the show together....

No comments:

Post a Comment