Wednesday, September 2, 2015

If It's Wednesday, The Magpies Must Be Due To Land....

Day; 180. Sunny and hot. Beautiful September mornin'

Temperature on outside kiln; 83 degrees
Kiln Firings; waiting for last nights glaze firing to cool, unloaded around 2pm.
Music in the studio; Maggie and the Magpies today! Well at least in the living room....

Only about half the Magpies showed up today, but we carried on nonetheless. Still searching for the elusive up-tempo songs that are not beyond us musically.. we did find a few Bonnie Raitt tunes that had potential. Also worked on some oldie but goodies like Michael Jackson's I Want You Back, tricky to play, tricky to sing! I really like the acoustics in my living room and have had fun these last two weeks practicing at home. However I think the dog pack/audience was less than impressed... but then they sleep through most events...




Got a little work done after the fact, but had to go to Chez Dre bakery first however and eat a very large and incredibly delicious blackberry danish. All fueled up, I finally got around to finishing my special orders from the Crested Butte show. I ended up really liking the plates, and actually would like some for myself, and after all the bitching I did about special orders...!
Well it is true that sometimes they take you places you would not ordinarily go...






No comments:

Post a Comment